MSP® FOUNDATION & PRACTITIONER
- Free Project MSP® FOUNDATION & PRACTITIONER practice test paper
- Access to online study material
|CERTIFICATE||MSP® Foundation & Practitioner|
|COURSE DELIVERY||Classroom, Live Virtual Classroom|
MSP® represents proven programme management good practices in the successful delivery of transformational change, through the application of programme management. MSP® defines programme management as “the action of carrying out the coordinated organization, direction and implementation of a dossier or projects and transformational activities to achieve outcomes and realise benefits of strategic importance to the business”. MSP® has been used and adopted within many organizations. The experiences of those who have adopted programme management have provided invaluable inputs into the latest edition of the guide, which is published in 2011.
Today’s organisations exist in a climate of constant and increasing change. Organizations that have
learned how to transform themselves through effective leadership and strategic control are more likely to survive and prosper.
Programme management is increasingly being recognized as key to enabling organizations to manage that transformation
MSP® is a 5 day course, which covers the syllabi for foundation and practitioner exam levels for Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) method and includes the exams
You will gain an understanding and knowledge of the processes and principles of the method to act as a programme manager. Class sizes are kept small to facilitate better interactions and discussions
The course fees include lunch, refreshments, the MSP® manual (‘Managing Successful Programmes’) and all other course materials
The MSP® framework is based on three core concepts
- MSP® Principles: These are derived from positive and negative lessons learned from programme experiences. They are the common factors that underpin the success of any transformational change
- MSP® Governance Themes: These define an organisation’s approach to programme management. They allow an organisation to put in place the right leadership, delivery team, organisation structures and controls, giving the best chance for success
- MSP® Transformational Flow: This provides a route through the lifecycle of a programme
Managing Successful Programmes is definitive guidance in managing inter-related projects as a co-ordinated programme of business change in order to manage risks and benefits more effectively. Managing Successful Programmes is widely adopted in the public and private sectors, and developed by a consortium of over 100 organisations including from within services industries.
- provide referencable standards
- provide a framework of best practice principles and concepts drawn from latest experiences and proven practice
- enable practitioners to adapt the guidance to real life situations
- be accessible by teams and organisations as well as by individual practitioners
- help practitioners improve their decision making and to become better at implementing beneficial change
- enable individuals to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding of the each product by obtaining a globally recognised qualification
The purpose of the foundation level is to confirm you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the MSP® guidance to interact effectively with those involved in the management of a programme or act as an informed member of a Programme office team, business change team or project delivery team working within an environment supporting MSP®. The foundation qualification is also a pre-requisite for the practitioner certification.
- Multiple choice
- 75 questions per paper with 1 mark available per question
- 5 questions to be trial and not counted in scores
- 35 marks required to pass (out of 70 available) – 50%
- 60 minutes duration
- Closed book.
About Practitioner Exam
The purpose of the practitioner level is to confirm you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the MSP® guidance to act as an informed member of a programme management team. This level is also required for programme management professionals progressing toward the advanced practitioner certification, and those aspiring to become programme management professionals in the future.
- Objective testing
- 8 questions per paper
- 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) – 50%
- Two-and-a-half hours duration
- Open-book (only the MSP® Guide is allowed)..