ITIL® FOUNDATION WORKSHOP
- APMG International approved course content (Manual)
- Free ITIL® FOUNDATION practice test paper
- Access to online study material
|CERTIFICATE||ITIL® 2011 Foundation|
|DURATION||2 or 3 Days|
|COURSE DELIVERY||Classroom, Live Virtual Classroom|
This course provides comprehensive first-level training for anyone involved in the provision, support, and delivery of IT Services. The ITIL® Framework acts as a source of good practice in service management. ITIL® is used by organizations worldwide to establish and improve capabilities in service management.
Service management is a set of specialized organizational capabilities for providing value to customers in the form of services. The capabilities take the form of functions and processes for managing services over a lifecycle, with specializations in strategy, design, transition, operation, and continual improvement. The capabilities represent a service organization’s capacity, competency, and confidence for action. The act of transforming resources into valuable services is at the core of service management. Without these capabilities, a service organization is merely a bundle of resources that, by itself, has relatively low intrinsic value for customers
The purpose of the ITIL® Foundation certificate in IT Service Management is to obtain knowledge of the ITIL® terminology, structure and basic concepts and to comprehend the core principles of ITIL® practices for service management. The course covers the five core volumes which provide an end-to-end view of IT and its integration with business strategy. Those five core volumes are:
Service Strategy: provides guidance on how to design, develop, and implement service management. It ensures that the overall business aims and strategies are supported by the IT organization’s aims and strategies.
Service Design: provides guidance on the design of new or changed services for introduction into the live environment.
Service Transition: provides guidance on managing change along with risk and quality while ensuring IT Operations can manage those changes within the context of the ICT Infrastructure.
Service Operation: provides guidance on the day to day management of the ICT Infrastructure. It also contributes to the Service Management Lifecycle in carrying out those processes which contribute to the optimization of the services provided.
Continual Service Improvement: looks at the Service Management Lifecycle. It identifies opportunities for improvements in the efficiency, effectiveness of the processes and the optimization of the costs associated with service provision.
Candidates can expect to gain knowledge and understanding in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification.
Service Management as a practice:
- Concept of best practices in the public domain
- Why ITIL® is successful?
- Concept of a service
- Concept of internal and external customers
- Concept of internal and external services
- Concept of service management
- Concept of IT service management
- Concept of stakeholders in service management
- What are processes and functions?
- The process model and the characteristics of processes
- The structure of the ITIL® service lifecycle
- The purpose, objectives and scope of service Lifecycle. (Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement)
- Value to the business by each stage of Service lifecycle. (Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement)
- Role, objectives and organizational structures
- The technical management function, application management function, IT operations management function, service desk function
- RACI Model
- Process Owner
- Process Manager
- Process Practitioner
- Service Owner
Technology and architecture:
- How service automation assists with expediting service management processes
This qualification is primarily aimed towards:
- Individuals who require a basic understanding of the ITIL® framework and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization
- IT professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL® who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement program
- Those who need the understanding of how ITIL® can be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization
- This may include but is not limited to, IT professionals, business managers, and business process owners. And the ITIL® qualification is open to any individuals who may have an interest in the subject.
It is recommended that students should complete at least one ITIL® Foundation Mock Exam.
|Type||Multiple choice, 40 questions. The questions are selected from the full ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management examination question bank.|
|Duration||Maximum 60 minutes for all candidates in their
|Provisions for additional time relating to language||Candidates completing an exam:
– in a language that is not their mother tongue, and
– where the language of the exam is not
their primary business language
have a maximum of 75 minutes to complete the
exam and are allowed the use of a dictionary
|Prerequisite||Accredited ITIL® Foundation training is strongly recommended but is not a prerequisite|
|Pass Score||26/40 or 65%|
|Delivery||This examination is available in Online or Paper