COBIT 5 (Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology)
COBIT 5 is the only business framework for the governance and management of enterprise IT. This evolutionary version incorporates the latest thinking in enterprise governance and management techniques, and provides globally accepted principles, practices, analytical tools and models to help increase the trust in, and value from, information systems.
COBIT 5 is the latest edition of ISACA’s globally accepted framework, providing an end-to-end business view of the governance of enterprise IT that reflects the central role of information and technology in creating value for enterprises. The principles, practices, analytical tools and models found in COBIT 5 embody thought leadership and guidance from business, IT and governance experts around the world.
COBIT 5 builds and expands on COBIT4.1 by integrating other major frameworks, standards and resources, including ISACA’s Val IT and Risk IT, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) and related standards from the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
The business orientation of COBITconsists of linking business goals to IT goals, providing metrics and maturity models to measure their achievement, and identifying the associated responsibilities of business and IT process owners.
Framework: Organize IT governance objectives and good practices by IT domains and processes, and links them to business requirements Process descriptions: A reference process model and common language for everyone in an organization. The processes map to responsibility areas of plan, build, run and monitor. Control objectives: Provide a complete set of high-level requirements to be considered by management for effective control of each IT process. Management guidelines: Help assign responsibility, agree on objectives, measure performance, and illustrate interrelationship with other processes Maturity models: Assess maturity and capability per process and helps to address gaps.
COBIT Certification Roadmap
Benefits for Organizations:
- Achieve strategic goals and realize business benefits through the effective and innovative use of IT.
- Support compliance with relevant laws, regulations, contractual agreements and policies and gain competitive edge over other organizations.
- Reduce complexity and increase cost-effectiveness due to improved and easier integration of information security standards, good practices and/or sector-specific guidelines resulting in operational excellence through reliable, efficient application of technology.
- Improved integration of information security in the enterprise, resulting in increased user satisfaction with information security arrangements and outcomes.
- COBIT 5 Foundation Level
- COBIT 5 Implementor Level
- COBIT 5 Assessor Level
Benefits of COBIT Benefits for Individuals:
- Understand levels of IT-related risk and make informed decisions to reduce information security incidents. Deliver this understanding and risk awareness to improve prevention, detection and recovery within an organization.
- Provide tools for organizations to maintain high quality information to support business decisions.
- Help an organization to meet with regulatory and statutory or government requirements.
- Understand COBITapproach to governance and its relationship with other IT best practices.